Policy for Appeals of the Evaluation Committee
1. An Appeal Committee will be appointed by COC Governance (the current COC chairman, or committee
chair appointed by him if a conflict of interest exists). It will consist of two members and the
aforementioned chair, who may not be members of the Evaluation Committee. This will be an ad hoc
2. Applicants may appeal if the applicant can prove the score is not reflective of the application information
provided, if a scoring factor was missed or omitted.
3. Ineligible Appeals
● Applicants that have been found not to meet the threshold requirements are not eligible for an appeal.
● Appeals cannot be based upon the judgment of The Evaluation Committee.
4. All notices of appeal must be based on the information submitted by the application due date.
5. No new or additional information will be considered. Omissions to the application cannot be appealed. The
decision of the Appeal Committee will be final.
● An applicant may not challenge, cajole, or questionindividual committee members about the
Committee process or decisions made in an effort to justify the value of the project that was not
selected for funding.Type your paragraph here.
The Appeal Process
1. Any and all appeals must be received in writing within three (3) business days of the notification of
project ranking, which will be posted on COCIV.org webpage. Any notice of appeal must be hand
delivered to Ken Wuytens, Evaluation Committee Chair at the United Way office located at 2410 Imperial
Business Park Drive, Imperial, CA 92251 by 4:00 pm of the third day.
2. The notice of appeal must include a written statement specifying in detail the grounds asserted for the
appeal and must be signed by an individual authorized to represent the sponsor agency (i.e., Executive
3. The notice of appeal is limited to one page, single spaced, in 12-point font.
4. The appeal must include a copy of the application and all accompanying materials submitted to The
Evaluation Committee; no additional information can be submitted.
5. All valid appeals will be read, reviewed and evaluated by the Evaluations Committee members assigned to
the Appeal Process.
a. All applicants will be invited to attend any appeal and may make a 10-minute statement regarding
b. The panel will review the rankings made by The Evaluation Committee only on the basis of the
submitted project application, the one page appeal, any statements made during the appeal process,
and the material used by The Evaluation Committee members.No new information can be submitted
by the applicant or reviewed by the Appeal Committee.
c. The decision of the appeal process committee must be supported by a simple majority vote.
6. The appealing agency will receive, in writing, the decision of the Appeal Committee within 2 business days
of the Appeal Committee Meeting; the decision of the Appeal Committee will be final.
Continuum of Care