Policy for Appeals of the Evaluation Committee
1. An Appeal Committee will be appointed by COC Governance (the current COC chairman, or committee chair appointed by him if a
conflict of interest exists). It will consist of two members and the aforementioned chair, who may not be members of the Evaluation
Committee. This will be an ad hoc committee.
2. Applicants may appeal if the applicant can prove the score is not reflective of the application information provided, if a scoring factor
was missed or omitted.
3. Ineligible Appeals
● Applicants that have been found not to meet the threshold requirements are not eligible for an appeal.
● Appeals cannot be based upon the judgment of The Evaluation Committee.
4. All notices of appeal must be based on the information submitted by the application due date.
5. No new or additional information will be considered. Omissions to the application cannot be appealed. The decision of the Appeal
Committee will be final.
● An applicant may not challenge, cajole, or question individual committee members about the Committee process or decisions
made in an effort to justify the value of the project that was not selected for funding.Type your paragraph here.
The Appeal Process
1. Any and all appeals must be received in writing within three (3) business days of the notification of project ranking, which will be
posted on www.cociv.org webpage. Any notice of appeal must be hand delivered to Ken Wuytens, Evaluation Committee Chair at
the United Way office located at 2410 Imperial Business Park Drive, Imperial, CA 92251 by 4:00 pm of the third day.
2. The notice of appeal must include a written statement specifying in detail the grounds asserted for the appeal and must be signed by
an individual authorized to represent the sponsor agency (i.e., Executive Director).
3. The notice of appeal is limited to one page, single spaced, in 12-point font.
4. The appeal must include a copy of the application and all accompanying materials submitted to The Evaluation Committee; no
additional information can be submitted.
5. All valid appeals will be read, reviewed and evaluated by the Evaluations Committee members assigned to the Appeal Process.
a. All applicants will be invited to attend any appeal and may make a 10-minute statement regarding the appeal.
b. The panel will review the rankings made by The Evaluation Committee only on the basis of the submitted project application,
the one page appeal, any statements made during the appeal process, and the material used by The Evaluation Committee
members.No new information can be submitted by the applicant or reviewed by the Appeal Committee.
c. The decision of the appeal process committee must be supported by a simple majority vote.
6. The appealing agency will receive, in writing, the decision of the Appeal Committee within 2 business days of the Appeal Committee
Meeting; the decision of the Appeal Committee will be final.
IMPERIAL VALLEY CONTINUUM OF CARE COUNCIL