Policy for Appeals of the Rating and Ranking Committee
1. An Appeal Committee will be appointed by the CoC Governance, it will consist of two (2) to three (3) members who may not be
members of the Rating and Ranking committee.
2. Applicants may appeal if the applicant can prove the score is not reflective of the application information provided, if a scoring factor
was missed or omitted.
3. Ineligible Appeals
4. All notices of appeal must be based on the information submitted by the application due date.
5. No new or additional information will be considered. Omissions to the application cannot be appealed. The decision of the Appeal
Committee will be final.
The Appeal Process
1. Any and all appeals must be received in writing within three (3) business days of the notification of project ranking, which will be
posted on the IVCCC website, www.cociv.org.
2. A notice of appeal must be submitted to Les Smith, IVCCC Board Chair within 48 hours of the notification of project priorities on the the IVCCC website, www.cociv.org. An email submission is acceptable to Les Smith-click here for email submission.
2. The notice of appeal must include a written statement specifying in detail the grounds asserted for the appeal and must be signed by
an individual authorized to represent the sponsor agency (i.e., Executive Director).
3. The notice of appeal is limited to one page, single spaced, in 12-point font.
4. The appeal must include a copy of the application and all accompanying materials submitted to Rating and Ranking Committee; no
additional information can be submitted.
5. All valid appeals will be read, reviewed and evaluated by the appointed appeals committee.
a. All applicants will be invited to attend any appeal and may make a 10-minute statement regarding the appeal.
b. The appeal committee will review the rankings made by the Rating and Ranking Committee only on the basis of the submitted project application, the one page appeal, any statements made during the appeal process, and the material used by Rating and
Ranking Committee members; no new information can be submitted by the applicant or reviewed by the Appeal Committee.
c. The decision of the appeal process committee must be supported by a simple majority vote.
6. The appealing agency will receive, in writing, the decision of the Appeal Committee within 2 business days of the Appeal Committee
Meeting; the decision of the Appeal Committee will be final.
IMPERIAL VALLEY CONTINUUM OF CARE COUNCIL